Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death...

Ahhhh yes. The second semester has begun. I, for one, am not quite turned on yet by the reading; I was hoping for at least some titilation. Though it is not coming from the text, class has proven to be entertaining. Yesterday's crim discussion on the justifications for punishment began with a serious question for us..... Were you spanked as a child? Will you spank your kids? ARE YOU A SPANKER OR A NON-SPANKER? The junior high student in each of us was suddenly liberated, and a chat room was quickly set up so that we could all jump on top of the filthy side of spanking. How delightful. I paid about $90/hour to hear my colleagues' stories about the worst beatings they ever received as children. It truly was a "Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you" kind of class. Ah well.

I moved on today though, and assuming that things would get more interesting, decided to get a jump on the first assigned reading for property. Now THAT was a good time. Nothing beats about 4,000 pages about how law students and lawyers are all alcoholics who do blow off the back of the bathroom toilets. BUT (the article informed me) there is hope. The only way out is through Jesus. Yes- that's right- put down the bottle and that straw you got from a 7-11 slurpy and get on your knees.... While I appriciate the concern that many have for the well-being of lawyers and law students, I almost wonder if this is not some sort of self-fulfilling prophecy? Thought I had while reading the article: "Man, I don't know why, but I am really craving a bottle of vodka and some nose candy...."

No comments: