Yet Another Blogger with a Book Deal

Here's an email that I got from Jeremy Blachman of Anonymous Lawyer this morning. Well, it was a mass email that he apparently sent to everyone, but I won't hold that against him. And since apparently I have no qualms about doing shameless plugs, I figured I'd include the full text here:
FROM: Anonymous Lawyer
TO: All partners, associates, e-mail correspondents, support slaves
RE: Required reading

Announcing a temporary change to the firm's long-standing policy that employees are not allowed to read anything besides lease agreements.

Anonymous Lawyer: A Novel hits stores today, July 25th, and is also available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Powell's, or your favorite on-line retailer. No, not that one. I mean the one that sells books.

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/pf283
Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/pmbvs
Powell's: http://tinyurl.com/pqxao

In the novel, Anonymous Lawyer sets out on a quest to eliminate his biggest rival, The Jerk, and become chairman of the firm -- while dealing with incompetent associates, his spendthrift wife, and the inner torment deep in his soul. Very deep. It's not a compilation of blog posts. That would be like double-billing a client. And we never double-bill clients. Okay, we do, but not this time. New material.

USA Today calls the book "wickedly amusing," Publishers Weekly calls it "side-achingly funny," the New York Post gives it 4 stars out of 4, and my grandmother really loves it too.

We'll also be needing you to work this weekend on a memo for a case we've already settled, and there's a typo somewhere in the tax code that we need you to find. Thanks.

Back to work,
Anonymous Lawyer
I haven't read the book yet because LawBitches didn't rank high enough to get an advanced copy (no, I'm not bitter, really -- I mean, isn't it enough that Anonymous Lawyer is at the top of our blogroll?), but several of our fellow blogrollers have done reviews. You can read them here, here, and here.

In case you care (which you probably don't but I'll tell you anyway) I plan on reading once I start my summer vacation. You know -- in that week before fall semester resumes.

No comments: