Con Law: How do I love thee, let me count the ways...

(A take on Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Poem)

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My frustration can reach, when feeling completely incompetent,
For the ends of Commerce and Seperation of Powers. (Please, let them end)
I love thee to the level of everyday's
constant exhaustion, by reading and briefing.
I love thee freely, as law students strive for mediocrity (which is as good as it's gonna get)
I love thee purely, as those same students love Crim Law. (feel the irony?)
I love thee with a passion never to be put to use
In my old briefs, and with my law student's knowledge (of which there seems to be none)
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With the first day of class - (I liked it the first day, honest.)
Smiles, tears (but mostly tears) of all my life! And if God choose,
I shall love thee better after death (because at least then it will be over.)

Never was much of a poet, but my passion (passion for hatred that is) for Con Law grows as the midterm grows near.

No comments: