Headline News #2

In the school's daily announcements this morning, this headline caught my eye:

"Public Safety offers 50 percent off unpaid parking citations this week only"

"Sweet!" I thought, "A sale." Being a law student on a budget and a cheapass all around I'm always looking for deals, so I actually took the time to read the full news clip:

"To say "thank you for a great semester" and to provide students and employees with an opportunity to clear their records before the end of year, Public Safety offers 50 percent off the price of any unpaid parking citation(s), with no late fee charges and no questions asked, from today, Wednesday, May 9, through Friday, May 11, at the Public Safety office. Remember that outstanding parking fines can be billed to student accounts at any time, and vehicles with three or more outstanding citations may be immobilized at any time with full citation fines, late fees and administration fees assessed at the driver's expense, so take advantage of this great opportunity now, as this discount has never been offered before and may never be offered again!"

So, I'm guessing that there are still a lot of unpaid parking tickets out there and this is their hope that students will actually pay them. Its a shame that the last time I had an unpaid parking ticket was in undergrad six years ago and then the going rate was $35. I wonder what they go for now?

3 comments:

Larceny Bitch said...

We get parking citations? For what, where? Obviously, I have paid attention.

Unknown said...

I still have an outstanding violation from out fair law school because of my days as an undergrad. They threaten that you won't graduate if there is an unpaid violation on your record. I am, however, proof that this is false.

I'm not paying $50 (or $25 after the amnesty program) for something that happened 5 years ago.

scalito

angela said...

I got a parking citation last semester and it was about $35 bucks, so your undergrad quote was right on.