At times the contributors here at There’s No Competition are open to dispensing advice, however we are appropriately described as bitter. Post-1L year of law school has not done anything to change our attitude. I think we were once like this incoming 1L, wide eyed, busy tailed, and eager to learn. Not anymore. So Mr. Overeager “0L”, please don’t take this the wrong way, but if anyone had a blog like this, we would have proceeded with the ad hominen attacks in a similar manner. If nothing else you are getting free publicity and as they say, “even bad publicity is good publicity.” We wish you the best of luck, and hope to check up on your progress.
The Bitches at There’s No Competition
PS - Several other reasons for the excessive bitterness this week: grades came out and the dreaded “billable hours” requirements. See what you have to look forward to!
"Okay, this kid sent us an email asking if we would link to his blog. He's an incoming 1L. Was anyone like that this time last year?"
- Oh lord, that kid is in for a rude awakening in law school. Wait, he's "prepping?" Now, that just makes me want to stab him. "Law school is all about top 10%." Eh – it might be entertaining to read this thing as he realizes that he is fucked.
By Larceny Bitch at 6/08/2006 3:23 PM
- If he is hoping that an employer will read his blog one day and decide to employ him (yes folks, read his blog...that is his goal) then perhaps saying things like "On a lighter note, I have 3 weeks until I can QUITE my job" might be worth a quick proof-read.
By Sandra Gay O’Connor at 6/08/2006 3:24 PM
- Is anyone else imagining a skinny, quiet, dorky, pimpled and yet self-centered kid sitting at his laptop, nervously hoping that "please let me be good, I have to be at the top, please please please."
By Larceny Bitch at 6/08/2006 3:26 PM
- Definitely read his blawg and profile. He was in the navy for 8 years and has a 5-year-old son. He seems like the typical overachiever in for a rude awakening. We should link to his blawg only to see how he fares (the breakdown of the overeager 0L...). In the immortal words of Monty Python we should all tell him to: "Run away...run away..."
By Lance Ito at 6/08/2006 3:28 PM
- Whadda ya wanna bet that he shows up for his first day of law school in a suit? My favorite blog quote from Mr. Overeager: "Does anyone have any questions about prepping for law school?" Seriously, what would you give me to email him some "tips”? 1. Bring KY – lots of it.
By Sandra Gay O’Connor at 6/08/2006 3:29 PM
- Think it would be inappropriate to leave various "anonymous" comments on his blawg (i.e. "Bring KY- lots of it")?
By Lance Ito at 6/08/2006 3:35 PM
- What the hell is Planet Law School II? WTF? Someone should tell him to prep all he needs to do is watch The Paper Chase and Legally Blonde – and that law school falls somewhere within those two.
By Calculating Bitch at 6/08/2006 3:39 PM
- And also – tell that fucker not to link to us. We don't need our shit all tainted. None of us needs to catch stupid.
By Sandra Gay O’Connor at 6/08/2006 3:46 PM
- I would also like to note that I don't even know who the fuck Atticus Falcon is. And what the fuck kind of name is that?
By Larceny Bitch at 6/08/2006 3:47 PM
- Check out his other blogs too..."Blawg Dawg"??????!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly.
And BTW Larceny, "Atticus" is the name of the lawyer in "To Kill a Mockingbird" – you uncultured swine.
By Sandra Gay O’Connor at 6/08/2006 3:48 PM
- Good God, Sandra!! Aren't you a little salty today (even more so then usual). I think everybody else is going to be all pissy from all the comments on this topic (so I guess I'll add another).
By Lance Ito at 6/08/2006 3:48 PM
- That is Atticus Finch, not Atticus Falcon.
By Calculating Bitch at 6/08/2006 3:50 PM
- Well, Atticus can lick my tit, cause whatever he taught this kid about law school is bullshit. Now I'm uncultured swine.
By Larceny Bitch at 6/08/2006 3:50 PM
- And Larceny – don’t worry, you were uncultured swine before this – you come from Aurora. "Waynes World! Wayne's World! party time! excellent!"
By Sandra Gay O’Connor at 6/08/2006 3:53 PM