Law Review Blows...(Why is this Important?)

So throughout the entire first year of law school, we are all sitting there, trying to survive the boredom, the guilt, the insanity, the amulgamation of things that leads each of us to wonder why we we hate ourselves enough to go to law school...and then, just when you think there is a clearing, a breath of fresh air from the chaos comes--the future. You need to get a clerk job, apply to law review, apply to moot court, apply to everything! And, if you are not applying to everything, you should feel guilty, awful, that you are not holding up your end of the law school bargain...Okay, so I hate guilt...I think I am seriously going crazy. I do not remember spending this much time working on a cruddy paper (even though I am sure I have, I am just whining), and for what? To find out in a month that I did all this for nothing?

And further, for all you Grey's Anatomy watchers out there (because I know you are out there) WTF? I am SO sick of Meredith I could puke. The end, the triangle--do I go for black haired boy with blue eyes or brown haired boy with blue eyes? I just slept with black haired boy, so maybe I should go give brown hair boy a go and then discuss? Oh wait, I left my black panties in the exam room where I just had sex with black hair boy, did not lock the door, and surprisingly did not get caught in the act? And Izzy, you are freaking crazy in love girl! Beyonce' style! And that dress? Has anyone seen a bigger dress? She was the prom, had she gone. I felt so sad for her, and Christina and Burke. I am glad George cut his hair, but he looks weird...okay, this is not a forum for Grey's Anatomy discussion, but if you want to discuss, you know where to find me...

4 comments:

Larceny Bitch said...

It's a good thing that I have nil interest in law review, because I am currently enjoying working, going home and not having to do a damned thing. TV is my new best friend. Don't worry, it'll all come back to haunt me next fall when moot court try-outs happen.

John Roberts said...

ok, so I am finally knee deep in the editing exercise (GG not starting this shit until today!) and I have to concur that this shit sucks my fucking ass with one of those curly cue straws.

Remember when extra-curricular activities were fun?

Calculating Bitch said...

No kidding, Roberts. If this write-on competition is any indication of what law review actually is, then I want to know: (1) what kind of academic would actually write such a terrible article, and (2) why do I want to be on law review?

The Reasonable Peep said...

so now that I am done and done with applying for the damn thing, I find out I could have used the style manual--fuck! I definitely will not be making law review as I fear I totally f'd up the editing exercise, but my favorite was the email about "should we use headings?" Um, who did you have to write a memo for before that you did not have to use headings? Please do not use headings so that my memo stands out and I get two-thousand and four extra points...okay, sorry some of the questions were just funny, especially the jurisdiction question--let's see all the cases are set in one state so, what do you think? Best of luck with the process--you both rule!